We would love for you to join us for the 2020 CTE & Industry Summit! You’ll have opportunities to network with students, educators, and industry professionals, while learning about some of the great things other CTE programs are doing–so you can pick parts that work well to duplicate in your program. This year, our schedule consists of:
- March 9th ~ Pre-Summit Tours (8am-3:30pm)
- March 10th ~ Summit Day 1 (8am-3pm)
- March 11th ~ Summit Day 2 (8am-3pm)
Join us on Monday, March 9th to tour a series of four schools from middle school through community college and see how CTE can engage at multiple ages–all leading to better workforce development. You’ll get to interact with students to get their take on it and see the impact it’s already having in their lives. You’ll also get to enjoy some culinary treats created by students!
You’ll see classroom spaces in:
- Adam Stephens Middle School (6th-8th grade)
- McKay High School (9th-12th grade)
- Lunch provided by McKay Culinary Students
- Career Technical Education Center (2-year Programs of Study, 11-12th grade)
- Dessert provided by CTEC Culinary Students
- Chemeketa Community College
The tour will start at 8am and will end return to the Convention Center between 3pm and 3:30pm. Transportation to each of the four sites is provided. You can attend the tours as a stand-alone registration for $75, or add it onto your Summit registration for only $50.
Join others in your industry
To facilitate stronger conversations and connections, we are focusing each Summit day on different industries. This will allow the topics covered in presentations and the networking time to be focused within a smaller set of industries. Join us with others in your industry!
- Environmental Services & Natural Resource Management
- Automotive and Heavy Equipment Technology
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Agriculture, Food Science & Processing
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Construction and Architecture
- Health Sciences & Services
- Telecommunications, A/V Technologies & Film
- Journalism, Broadcasting, Printing, Publishing
- Governance & Public Administration Services
- Cosmetology & Personal Care
- Fire & Emergency Services
- Performing / Visual Arts
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Law & Public Safety
Each of the two Summit days offers three breakout sessions (Industry Panels, Next-Level CTE Presentations, and Roundtable Discussions) with many options for you to choose from, a keynote speaker, delicious lunch, and networking opportunities–all around specific industries each day to enhance your connection and opportunity to learn.